Who Is THE MAN?

THE MAN is anything blocking the way of your destiny.
.... It's basically a circumstance trying ta hold you down.
And those obstacles can take many forms. These are a few of mine.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

10 to 1 Ratios

Black women.....
Today, I want  you to stop believing the hype.
Stop believing in 10 to 1 ratios.
Stop thinking there is a shortage of men.
Stop thinking you will have to share a man, or that he will cheat on you.
Stop thinking you will have to steal someone else's piece of man.
Stop thinking that you will have to settle. Or marry outside your race. Or date an old man dressed like friggin Steve Harvey.
(If that's what you choose to do, then fine. Do it because you really love that white guy, and his old ass is amazing.)
But don't do it out of fear that you will never find a man.
In fact, stop reading all these "How to get a Man" self help books, anyway.

There ain't nothing wrong with you.
And if there is, you already know what it is, and the steps to work on it, if you want to change it.

Stop letting this media pressure you and control your mind.

There are plenty of good men around. The problem is you focus on scarcity.
Therefore, all you experience is scarcity.

If you decided to focus on abundance, you'd have abundance!

If you woke up everyday and said,
"I have enough of everything I need. God has provided me more than I need for today. I have more than enough love. More than enough food, water, shelter, sex, security, money. More than enough friends. More than enough admirers. And today is the day I need to be more specific with my prayer. I'm gonna pray for exactly what I want in a mate. I'm gonna be the things I ask for. And I'm gonna let it go and wait for God to send it."

Guess what.

If you began to focus on that everyday and truly believe it, you would have it.
(And you'd have it much sooner than you think!)

God knows your wants and your needs and desires before you even ask it.
You don't have to beg Him. You don't have to take it into your own hands to get it.

Just be you. Enjoy you. Be good to yourself and others. And someone will come along and see all the wonderful things you are and want to be a part of that.

You already know the work you need to do that keeps you from meeting Mr. Right.
Do you the "soul work" that you know you need to do to be the best "you" you can be. Let the fear, and the anger and the garbage go, so God can bless you with what you keep asking for.

You want a good man?
Be a good woman.








1 comment:

  1. I have noticed this is a serious problem in Atlanta. The men feel they don't have to put much work in and will tell you that plainly, "I have options". The women feel that they must scramble, and settle, and put up with BS because there is a shortage of men. There is a sense of true desperation and a pressure to snag a "good" man before you get too old. Sis, I want you to know that you DO HAVE OPTIONS. Don't believe the hype and become a self fulfilling prophecy.

    ReplyDelete