Who Is THE MAN?

THE MAN is anything blocking the way of your destiny.
.... It's basically a circumstance trying ta hold you down.
And those obstacles can take many forms. These are a few of mine.

Monday, December 20, 2010

Seven Lessons I learned in 2010



There are seven lessons I mastered last year.

One, how to spot a person that can’t be changed, and learn how to appreciate the message-- no matter the messenger. Do not blame the messenger for what they are bringing you, you called it forth to learn the message. Sometimes, the hard way. When someone tells you who they are, believe them. Go with your gut.

Two, you are exactly who you are where you need to be at all times. You cannot miss an opportunity. You cannot be in the wrong place. You cannot be the wrong person. You are who you are in the moment, and when you learn new information, you will be that wiser person then. Do not beat yourself up about it.

Three, give yourself time to heal. You can’t move on to the next phase until you’ve mastered the level you are on. It can’t be brought to you anytime sooner. You will keep calling forth the hard lesson or the person, or someone just like that person until you recognize what you need to learn and make a new choice.

Four, just because something may or may not be true about you, doesn’t mean you need to make it your Truth. Stop arguing for your limitations. Choose the best statements and thoughts when thinking of yourself. Sure, we all have things we want to change, to improve about ourselves. But underneath the flesh and bone, you are an immortal and perfect soul. Always remember that.

Five, set boundaries. If you don’t set boundaries of respect, someone else will set them for you. You can activate faith or you can activate fear, there are two sides to the same stick. Both encourage you to believe in something that doesn’t currently physically exist.

Six, be the change you seek. If you want a better career, be the best on your job right now. If you want a better spouse, be that example for them. If you want better friends, be a great friend. If you want respect, be and show respect. If you want a mate, be the qualities you seek so you can attract it.

Seven, allow people to leave you. Don’t try to hold on to someone that doesn’t want to be held. You can’t make someone love you, you can only be someone who can be loved. 25% of people will never like you. 25% will not like you, but can be persuaded to like you. 25% like you, but can be persuaded to stop liking you. And 25% will like you no matter what you do.

Copyright Tray

3 comments:

  1. Learning that I'm where I'm supposed to be is a lesson I've been showed this year. It was weird how it happened. I was in my kitchen just kind of thinking about my life, and something or somebody told my spirit to stop worrying about things cuz I'm where I'm supposed to be. It (or God) told me to use this time right now to get myself together. That's what this time in my life is for. I'm sure of it. Remember that true-life story I let you read? Well, I finally decided I'm going to blog it. And I'm going to finally talk to somebody about it. This is the 1st time in my whole life that I feel like I'm where I'm supposed to be, and I NEVER thought I'd get to this point. Ok, this is turning into a book! I better go. Good post Tray :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. God knows the beginning, middle, and end of our lives. We have to have faith and believe we are exactly where we need to be at all times. Your story is amazing, and I'm glad you are blogging and sharing it. Can't wait to see the lives that are touched by it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still working up the courage to put it out there. I'm almost there. May as well. It does no good to hold onto words that might help somebody else find some help. I'm glad to be friends with you. You are a very positive influence...even though I question your sanity at time :-p Take care, Tray :-)

    ReplyDelete